Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Go Gently

My heart pounds, I feel
the tension in my shoulders, I bear
the weight of the night,
but the world begins to whisper,
Go gently through this day.

The low clouds drifting past
the sunrise, the whirring wings of
the morning doves who fly
and the quiet calm of the one who doesn't, the
soft brown, smooth shell of the chicken egg, the
way the sun evaporates the cold, the
chickadee and the titmouse dancing
in celebration of the once-again
full feeder, the way the
corners of my mouth have fallen down
as of late, all say to me
Go gently through this day.

The dry leaves, lying dead and beautiful
on the lawn, the memory of
soup steaming on the stove, the memory of
your laughter, the memory of it all
says peace. peace.
Go gently through this day.

10.19.2010

No comments:

Post a Comment